Monday, March 7, 2011

Vacation Recap

Since we live far away from both of our families, I thought I would use this blog as a way to give them a view into our everyday and not-so-everyday life and see what is going on with the boys. So I've taken the time to recap the vacation we took last month.

When choosing when we should go on vacation this is the first year I had to consult a school calendar since Z is now in kindergarten.  And this is the only year I would consider pulling him out of school to go on vacation.  It just so happened that Z had a 4-day week in February (missing four days is better than five). So I scheduled it and as it turns out we were going to be out of town for the Superbowl, which is no big deal since Mr. Sunny is not into football.  But we were looking forward to the fact that as the DFW area was getting crazy with the Superbowl we were getting out of town, flying out the Saturday before the game.  Then Mother Nature threw us for a loop.  The week leading up to Saturday was really crazy, not just Superbowl crazy, but Superbowl covered with ice with a good helping of snow on top. Yes, there was ice that closed schools/day care for 3 days (yes Z ended up missing a total of 7 days of school), and snow on Friday but that didn't deter us from getting the heck out of dodge. When we touched down in Orlando there was no snow or ice to be seen; Orlando has that Disney Magic, for sure. 

We checked into our hotel, unpacked and rested a bit since I insisted on getting up at 3:00 am to give us plenty of time to make it to the airport. (Since it was Superbowl weekend they had snow plows brought in from other states to help so the roads were fine) Then we headed over to Chef Mickey's to see Mickey and the gang and get our napkin twirl on. Celebrate, Celebrate...Celebrate Mickey Mouse....(sorry, reliving the moment). H was a bit afraid of the characters.  But when Pluto came over he was excited to grab Pluto's whiskers.  H sleeps with a Pluto stuffed animal every night and he rubs the tail or ear under his nose to fall asleep.

The next morning we scheduled an early morning breakfast at the Crystal Palace so we could walk down an empty Main Street. Well, quite a few people must have had the same idea too; it wasn't as empty as I thought it would be. Oh and it started raining but it was alright, we came prepare with ponchos. It was like that for the rest of the week, cold and wet, but we made the best of it. 

There were a few things the Z really wanted to do.  He wanted to do the Jedi training.  I knew we needed a plan for our day at Hollywood Studio since we wanted to also ride the Toy Story Mania ride and do the Jedi Training, both very popular. The plan was we would get there before opening and split up; Mr. Sunny with H would make the mad dash for Toy Story Mania and get Fastpasses while Z and I would make the mad dash to the Jedi training.  Everything was going to plan, we got there early, (which is quite a feat) we were waiting.... and guess who decides to have a blow out poop 15 minutes before the opening show. Well, Mr. Sunny was able to take care of it all and get fastpass for a decent time. (Have I said how much I love that man, I do)

Mr. Sunny and I wanted to ride Space Mountain this year.  I felt a bit guilty telling Z that it was the little kid Space Mountain and not the big Space Mountain to get him to go on it. (Of course there is no kid little space Mountain)  He did a bit of freaking out in line but I texted him a picture of a space mountain shirt from the gift shop I would get him if he rode it.  Mr. Sunny texted back, jokingly to get a shirt that he was a bit scared too. After all the drama the boys rode and Z said he liked it but when given the opportunity to ride it with me he said "no thank you". 

This was also the trip that I rode the Yeti ride (Expedition Everest) I have been afraid but this year if my little guy could be brave and do something new so could I.  Mr. Sunny has ridden it and loves this ride and as he was telling me about it I was getting pumped up.  It also help that it was basically a walk on so I didn't have time to freak out, because I mostly likely would have. (Let's just say the first time I waited in line for Space Mountain I freaked out when we got to the loading area, in my defense I was 4, but as the story goes my dad was not too happy with me after waiting in line for a ridiculous amount of time) But let me say this ride is way fun, I loved it.

Here are some random photos from our week.

You wouldn't know it from this picture but he really liked this ride and is still asking to ride Dumbo.

He really thought he was going to get that sword out. HAHAHA!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's some crazy lightsaber action there! (not pity)



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...