Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's day

I didn't finish up my Mother's day cards til yesterday. Since I have to mail them and there was no way they would make it on time I thought I will show them to our mom's on the blog and they will show up in the mail later this week. So here they are.

I had to try to keep the cards as flat as possible, which was kind of hard.  The first card I showed Mr. Sunny he thought the card didn't "pop enough" (his words) so I had to go back to the drawing board.  I think adding sewing on the card really helped to make it "pop".


Here is a close up of some of the details.

Happy Mother's day Card
Supplies
STAMPS: PTI All Booked Up, PTI Delightful Dahlia, PTI Background Basics Sheet Music
PAPER: From Studio Calico Singing in the rain kit Crate Paper
OTHER: Edgers #1 Collection
Delightful Dahlia

8 comments:

  1. beautiful cards, very feminine and elegant. I love the pink color with yellow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards! I love the paper you choose! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! Love the paper and the stitching added just the right touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning color combo! They are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so beautiful Trisha, I love everything about them . The colors, the music background , all of it . Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. pretty cards...i think the colours pop, don't they? anyway, that april kit is something, isn't it? i love it. and, i love the emma's shoppe from crate. you used it all so well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The final card certainly pops. Your use of different edges, curved and angular, is incredible. The colors are glorious and even with all of those layers, the cards are fairly flat. That's usually a challenge for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh pretty - - very classic spring/Mother's Day colors. I had mine made...but, um...the package to the MIL never got mailed. Yup. Still not mailed. Ah well - it's the better late than never thought that counts!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...