Friday, June 3, 2011

Love Birds

I was finally able to get some crafting time in and I needed to make an anniversary card for an aunt and uncle in law who are celebrating 50 years of marriage.  I wish we could be there for the big celebration but due to timing we are not going to be able to attend so I thought I would send them a handmade card. I pulled out my Papertrey Ink  Love Birds set and made three different cards that would fit the occasion that way Mr. Sunny could pick the one he would like to send. Today I have the first of three.


(Oh sorry for the poor lighting, I had to take these pictures this morning and I tried to fix them as much as possible in Photoshop but it still looks off) 

It's really hard to see but I stamped some bird cages on the brown too. (It's hard to see in real life but I still like the effect, it doesn't look so flat) I also double stamped the sentiment.  That was totally unplanned but loved how it turned out.  I stamped it in the yellow and it was really hard to see so I went ahead and stamp over it with brown. I almost didn't try it but I thought, it's just paper, be brave and give it a try. And I LOVE IT! 

Here is a close up of the details.
  
Love Birds Congratulations Card
Supplies
STAMPS: PTI Love Birds, PTI Background Basics: Woodgrain
PAPER: CTMH and Bazzil Cardstock
OTHER: PTI Mat Stack 3, Ribbon Unknown

8 comments:

  1. Your cards are beautiful! I love the texture from the wood grain and love birds is one of my favorite sets. I need to make an anniversary card...you have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet. I love the color choices you made and the addition of the ribbon on the top of the cage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice anniversary card, for your aunt and uncle. Love the wood grain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have a fiftieth wedding anniversary luncheon tomorrow and you have just inspired me with a great card idea. i finally bought the woodgrain impression plate and i love how you have used it here. thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is beautiful! Absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really clean and elegant...so perfect for the occasion; love the woodgrain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet and beautiful. Love birds are also a favorit of mine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your style Tricia. The woodgrain really makes this card and the color scheme is great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...