Thursday, December 16, 2010

Birthday Card

Happy Birthday Card
Supplies
STAMPS: PTI Delightful Dahlia, Birthday Bash Sentiment
OTHER: PTI Mat Stack 4, Delightfule Dahlia Die

Due to my never ending Christmas to-do list, I have not had much time for crafting, although I have to make time to whip up some teachers gifts.  So I will have pictures next week to share of the final product.  But today I have a purple birthday card that I made up a few weeks ago and ending up selling to a co-worker.  Since I took the picture some bling was added to the card. For this card I decided to try a technique that Nichole Heady has showcased as an option to do with outline stamps that are traditionally colored in using Copic markers.  And since I have not practice nor purchased any markers yet I decided to try it out.  I think it worked okay, but I got a bit heavy handed at end and tried to spread out the color as much as possible.

3 comments:

  1. Good for the first time. It is a technique I am hoping to try soon. Just got my first YOF orders (mums) and I want to try this too. Thanks for the inspiration - love the colors you chose as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I just got the Dahlia stamp, and I'm making a card set with them too. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...